We read with great interest the article by
Gibbons et al., 2017who evaluated whether heart rate variability, the electrocardiographic QT interval, or both, are associated with the severity and outcome of Parkinson's disease (PD). Despite the importance and scientific perspectives of this study, we have some comments and concerns.
- Gibbons C.H.
- Simon D.K.
- Huang M.
- Tilley B.
- Aminoff M.J.
- Bainbridge J.L.
- Brodsky M.
- Freeman R.
- Goudreau J.
- Hamill R.W.
- Luo S.T.
- Singer C.
- Videnovic A.
- Bodis-Wollner I.
- Wong P.S.
- NINDS Exploratory Trials in Parkinson Disease (NET-PD) Investigators
Autonomic and electrocardiographic findings in Parkinson's disease.
Auton. Neurosci. 2017; 205: 93-98
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Autonomic Neuroscience: Basic and Clinical
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Global, regional, and national life expectancy, all-cause mortality, and cause-specific mortality for 249 causes of death, 1980–2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015.Lancet. 2016; 388: 1459-1544
- Autonomic and electrocardiographic findings in Parkinson's disease.Auton. Neurosci. 2017; 205: 93-98
- Drugs with potential cardiac adverse effects: retrospective study in a large cohort of parkinsonian patients.Rev. Neurol. 2016; 172: 318-323
- Autonomic dysfunction in Parkinson disease.Handb. Clin. Neurol. 2013; 117: 259-278
- Sudden death in Parkinson's disease: a retrospective autopsy study.J. Neurol. Sci. 2014; 343: 149-152
- Sudden unexpected death in early Parkinson's disease: neurogenic or cardiac death?.Cardiovasc. Pathol. 2017; 30: 19-22
- Parkinson disease.Nat. Rev. Dis. Primers. 2017; 317013
- Domperidone, Parkinson disease and sudden cardiac death: mice and men show the way.Clinics. 2016; 71: 59-61
- Sudden unexpected death in Parkinson's disease (SUDPAR): sleep apnea increases risk of heart attack.Sleep Breath. 2017; (in press)
- Cardiac aging and heart disease in humans.Biophys. Rev. 2017; 9: 131-137
Published online: October 17, 2017
Accepted: October 10, 2017
Received: July 23, 2017
© 2017 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.