- •Multiple system atrophy (MSA) is a rare, progressive neurodegenerative disease with no available disease modifying treatment.
- •Awareness by medical practitioners about multiple system atrophy as a diagnostic possibility is severely lacking.
- •Lack of awareness of the disease has amplified the unmet needs of multiple system atrophy patients and other stakeholders.
- •Since the 1980’s a growing movement to highlight the plight of those affected by multiple system atrophy has emerged.
- •Stakeholders are uniting to attack MSA from a global perspective in the hopes of improving outcomes for future patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Autonomic Neuroscience: Basic and Clinical
- Multiple-system atrophy.N. Engl. J. Med. 2015; 372: 249-263
- The European Multiple System Atrophy-Study Group (EMSA-SG).J. Neural Transm. 2005; 112: 1677-1686
- The North American multiple system atrophy study group.J. Neural Transm. 2005; 112: 1687-1694
- Second consensus statement on the diagnosis of multiple system atrophy.Neurology. 2008; 71: 670-676
- Multiple system atrophy as emerging template for accelerated drug discovery in α-synucleinopathies.Parkinsonism Relat. Disord. 2014 Aug; 20: 793-799
- Efficacy and safety of rifampicin for multiple system atrophy: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet Neurol. 2014 Mar; 13: 268-275
- Multiple system atrophy: the case for an international collaborative effort.Clin. Auton. Res. 2015; 25: 81-83
- Multiple system atrophy—the nature of the beast.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 1989; (1989 Jun): 78-89
- Neurological syndrome associated with orthostatic hypotension.Arch. Neurol. 1960; 2 (1960 May): 511-527
- Filamentous alpha-synuclein inclusions link multiple system atrophy with Parkinson's disease and dementia with Lewy bodies.Neurosci. Lett. 1998; 251: 205-208
- Recommendations of the Global Multiple System Atrophy Research Roadmap Meeting.Neurology. 2017 Dec 13; ([Epub ahead of print] Review)https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000004798
- Development and validation of the Unified Multiple System Atrophy Rating Scale (UMSARS).Mov. Disord. 2004; 19: 1391-1402
- Multiple system atrophy: a primary oligodendrogliopathy.Ann. Neurol. 2008; 64: 239-246
- The natural history of multiple system atrophy: a prospective European cohort study.Lancet Neurol. 2013 Mar; 12: 264-274
- History of AAS.
- Miracles for MSA.(Facebook page)
- Blog: A Caregiver to MSA Caregivers.
- The Multiple System Atrophy Coalition History.
- History: Our Founder, Sarah Matheson.
- Meer aandacht en middelen naar zeldzame ongeneeslijke ziekte MSA dankzij N-VA (More Attention and Resources for Rare Incurable MSA Disease Thanks to N-VA).http://www.n-va.be/nieuws/meer-aandacht-en-middelen-naar-zeldzame-ongeneeslijke-ziekte-msa-dankzij-n-vaDate: April 3, 2014
- Multiple System Atrophy Coalition to be Prime Sponsor of Major International Scientific Conference.http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/02/prweb13198893.htmDate: February 4, 2016
- The Multiple System Atrophy Coalition Honors 7th Annual International Multiple System Atrophy Awareness Month in March 2016.http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/03/prweb13239642.htmDate: March 1, 2016
- The Multiple System Atrophy Coalition Surpasses $1 Million Milestone in Research Funding.http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/10/prweb13731826.htmDate: October 3, 2016
- Shy-Drager Syndrome Support Group Listserver.https://ww2.mc.vanderbilt.edu/adc/4791Date: 2017
- International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) Endorsed Multiple System Atrophy Study Group. Moving Along.(Volume 19 Issue 1 page 6)http://www.movementdisorders.org/MDS-Files1/News/Moving-Along/2015/moving-along-2015issue1-FINAL.pdfDate: 2015
- The Endeavor to Bring Awareness to MSA.http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/05/the-endeavor-to-bring-awareness-to-msa/Date: May 21, 2011
- Shy-Drager Multiple System Atrophy Support Group.