We would like to thank
Lopes et al., 2018for their letter and, especially, for their interest in our recently published study in Autonomic Neuroscience (
- Lopes W.A.
- Locateli J.C.
- Reck H.
- Porto F.E.
Is Metabolic syndrome related to exercise cardiac autonomic modulation in obese adults?.
Auton. Neurosci. 2018;
Carvalho et al., 2012: 43–50). We hope that the following results and comments address the authors' concerns and thoughts and provide additional information in the field of autonomic modulation in obesity and related metabolic disorders.
- Carvalho L.P.
- Thommazo-Luporini L.D.
- Mendes R.G.
- Cabiddu R.
- Ricci P.A.
- Basso-Vanelli R.P.
- Oliveira-Junior M.C.
- Vieira R.P.
- Bonjorno-Junior J.C.
- Oliveira C.R.
- Luporini R.L.
- Borghi-Silva A.
Metabolic syndrome impact on cardiac autonomic modulation and exercise capacity in obese adults.
Auton. Neurosci. 2012; 213 (7 pages)679345
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Autonomic Neuroscience: Basic and Clinical
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Metabolic syndrome impact on cardiac autonomic modulation and exercise capacity in obese adults.Auton. Neurosci. 2012; 213 (7 pages)679345
- Heart rate variability analysis during immediate recovery from exercise in overweight/obese healthy young adult females.Ann. Noninvasive Electrocardiol. 2016; 22: 1-5
- Sex differences in healthy human heart rate variability: a meta-analysis.. 2016; 64: 288-310https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neubiorev.2016.03.007
- Is Metabolic syndrome related to exercise cardiac autonomic modulation in obese adults?.Auton. Neurosci. 2018;
- Gender differences in age-related changes in cardiac autonomic nervous function.J. Aging Res. 2012; 679345https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/679345
- Methods of assessment of the post-exercise cardiac autonomic recovery: a methodological review.Int. J. Cardiol. 2017; 227: 795-802
- Heart rate recovery and risk of cardiovascular events and all-cause mortality: a meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies.J. Am. Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e005505
- Gender- and age-related differences in heart rate dynamics: are women more complex than men?.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 1994; 24 (pmid: 7963118): 1700-1707
- Heart rate variability and the metabolic syndrome: a systematic review of the literature.Diabetes Metab. Res. Rev. 2014; 30 (2014): 784-793
- Short-term heart rate variability—influence of gender and age in healthy subjects.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0118308https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0118308
Published online: November 14, 2018
Accepted: November 13, 2018
Received: November 9, 2018
© 2018 Published by Elsevier B.V.